Welcome to the World of Social Business!
“Whenever I see a problem, I immediately go and create a company.” – Muhammad Yunus
7 Principals of Social Business
- Business objective will be to overcome poverty, or one or more problems (such as education, health, technology access, and environment) which threaten people and society; not profit maximization.
- Financial and economic sustainability.
- Investors get back their investment amount only. No dividend is given beyond investment money.
- When investment is paid back, company profit stays with the company for expansion and improvement.
- Environmentally conscious.
- Workforce gets market wage with better working conditions.
- Do it with joy!
Everyone Wants to Give Back
Everyone wants to give back – it’s a part of being human. If you ask anyone around the world, there is a part of being human that wants to help others and give back. To only have business that is profit maximizing, we are limiting the full spectrum of the human spirit. Business can be and should be used to create vibrant communities that are thriving and taking care of everyone. Social business is enlightened business that looks at individuals and the system in a holistic (whole) way.
- Grameen Bank
- Grameen Baybosa Bikash (Grameen Business Development)
- Grameen Capital Management Limited
- Grameen Communications
- Grameen CyberNet Limited
- Grameen Danone Foods
- Grameen Fund
- Grameen Green Children Eye Care Hospital
- Grameen Kalyan (Grameen Healthcare)
- Grameen Knitwear Ltd
- Grameen Krishi Foundation (Grameen Irrigation Project)
- Grameen Mothsho Foundation (Grameen Fisheries)
- Grameen Mutual Fund One
- Grameen Phone
- Grameen Shakti (Grameen Energy)
- Grameen Shamogree (Grameen Products)
- Grameen Shikkha (Grameen Education)
- Grameen Software Solutions Ltd.
- Grameen Telecom
- Grameen Trust
- Grameen Uddog (Grameen Check)
- Gonoshasthaya Grameen Textile Mills Limited
- Social Advancement Fund (SAF)